Terms and Conditions
On behalf of myself, and/or in my capacity as a parent/carer giving permission for my child to attend Base Camp Z, I accept the following terms and conditions. If I am not the parent or guardian of any under-18 year olds included in this booking, I declare that I have the authority of their parent or legal guardian to accept these terms on their behalf. I acknowledge and understand that (as with all adventurous activities) there are dangers and risks associated with confronting an army of the undead, including the potential for serious injury.
I agree to myself/my child taking part in these activities on the grounds that I/they will abide by all rules, safety instructions, policies and procedures imposed by the Provider ("Westbury on Trym Archery Club"), relating to the use of the facilities, equipment and property, which will be fully explained to all participants. I agree to be present for, and pay full attention to, any and all safety briefings. At all times I will act responsibly and use my best judgement to keep myself, my guests and/or children, and other participants safe. To put it simply, we're here to battle the zombies, not to endanger the few remaining humans.
I understand that failure to follow instructions or any unsafe behaviour, determined at the sole discretion of the instructors, may result in the participant(s) being prevented from continuing with the activity, and being ejected out into the hot zone outside our camp to fend for themselves.
I understand that the Provider holds appropriate public liability insurance, and will provide equipment and instruction appropriate to the age and capabilities of the participants; however the Providers cannot accept responsibility for injury or damage arising from the activity unless proven negligent. I therefore agree to indemnify the Providers, their employees, agents and officers, from and against any and all liability incurred as a result of participation in the activities both for myself and for any children in my care.
I agree to provide accurate and up-to-date information regarding the age, medical conditions, and any injuries which may affect the participant(s). If the health or medical condition of a participant changes between date of booking and the event, I will advise the Provider. However, if the participant is showing signs of infection (pallid complexion, blank gaze, etc), it may already be too late for them. Only bring them to Base Camp Z if you want to make use of our humane dispatch service.
1. I hereby declare that I and/or the participant(s) have never had a firearm or shotgun application refused or such a certificate revoked. I also declare that I (and/or the participant) is not a person prohibited by virtue of Section 21 of the Firearms Act 1968. I also certify that I and/or the participant(s) will not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the event. Even the Resistance must satisfy its insurers.
2. All participants must be over the age of 10 to take part. During the booking process you'll be asked to confirm the age of each participant. Please be aware that any participants who do not appear to be over the age of 10 should bring proof of age with them. If we cannot confirm the age of younger participants, and our instructors do not feel they would be safe to participate in the activities, they will not be able to take part, and no refunds can be given in this case.
3. All participants under the age of 18 must be brought to the session by a parent or legal guardian (who can sign then into the session), and the parent or guardian must remain at the venue and be responsible for the participant for the duration of the activities.
4. Some aspects of the Base Camp Z experience are physically demanding, requiring a moderate level of fitness, and also include sections which take place in darkness, confined spaces, and feature a small amount of strobe lighting. Some parts of the assault course (including those with strobe lighting) can be bypassed, but if the participant has concerns with running for approximately 5-10 minutes, has a heart condition, is pregnant, suffers from claustrophobia or is extremely sensitive to flashing lights (e.g. photosensitive epilepsy), we recommend that they do not take part in this activity. The venue is generally wheelchair accessible, and the most of the activities can be undertaken in a wheelchair, but the participant does so at their own risk. Please be aware that no refunds can be given if the participant is unable to complete the activities.
5. As part of the instruction process, it is occasionally necessary for minor physical contact between the participant and the instructor, either to correct technique or for safety reasons. Please inform the instructors in advance if you have any concerns. All our instructors are confirmed infection-free.
6. We occasionally take photographs at Base Camp Z to document our activities for the Resistance. We will ask permission before taking photographs which specifically feature an individual, however it is possible that other participants may appear in the background of any photographs we take, or in shots which feature a wide scene. We will never name or identify anyone in photographs we take. Unfortunately it is simply not practical to check and confirm with everyone who may appear in the background of photographs. If you (or the participant) really does not want to appear in any photographs, we recommend that they do not take part in Base Camp Z.
Bookings made to attend Base Camp Z are generally non-refundable. Our instructors are best used in training you to face the undead horde, not sitting in front of a computer wrangling with bookings.. However, if you are in exceptional circumstances, and can provide a minimum of 48 hours notice, we will (at our discretion) offer to move or refund your booking, depending on the severity of your predicament. If your camp has become completely overrun, and you've had to go into hiding, we'll understand.
If you provide less than 48 hours notice, we are unable to offer any refund, however we may be able to move your booking to another slot, if there is availability (again, at our discretion).
Conversely, it is possible that we might need to cancel the event for reasons outside out control, such as inclement weather, loss of power or infrastructure, sickness or infection of our instructors, or if our perimeter defences fail. If we do need to cancel, we will give you as much notice as we can, and offer either a full refund of your booking fees, or to move your booking to another date, at your discretion.
When a booking is moved to an alternate date, all the usual terms and conditions will apply as if it were a new booking.
Privacy and good information security are vital in these troubled times. No doubt your inbox is already crammed with stuff telling you how to survive longer, or offering you once-in-a-lifetime vacations to the last zombie-free locations outside the infection zones. Some of it might even be from the zombies themselves, trying to get you to divulge information which would give away Resistance locations or mission information. We must remain vigilant!
We have no desire at all to add to the noise. We will only send you information that is vital to your mission. We will not pass your details on to anybody else.
When you make a booking, the information that you provide, along with a record of your session attendance, will be held in a database maintained by the Provider in accordance with the data protection act. We are required to hold this information for insurance purposes, and will only disclose it to third parties when we have a legal obligation to do so. You can request to have your details removed from our database at any time.
We use email to contact you regarding your booking, which includes two reminder emails as the date of your booking approaches.
We will also send occasional emails letting you know about future Base Camp Z dates. These will occur no more than once a month. If you no longer wish to receive these, you can have your details removed at any time.